Description of Directions
From Berlin or Dortmund:
- at junction Hanover Ost change from the motorway A2 to the A7, direction Kassel
- leave the motorway at exit no.62 Hildesheim
From Hamburg or Kassel:
- leave the motorway A7 at exit no. 62 Hildesheim
- from exit no. 62 follow the B1 in the direction of Hameln and drive through Hildesheim
- after 7 km, when entering Mahlerten, turn right in the direction of Nordstemmen
- Marienburg Castle sits on the hill ahead
- in Nordstemmen, at the second roundabout take the third exit and follow the signs
Parking space for cars
Sufficient free parking for cars, camper vans and coaches is available about 200 metres away from Marienburg Castle. Vehicles are parked at owner's risk.
The bus route 300 from Hanover Central Bus Station (ZOB) to Pattensen Central Bus Station (ZOB). From Pattensen Bus Station take bus no. 310 with destination Eldagsen (in most cases it is the same bus continuing). Get off at the stop Marienburg Abzweig Nord, from where it is about 2 km walk to Marienburg Castle.
For more information, cosult www.regiobus.de
From 4 March toll 5 November 2017 you can reach Marienburg Castle by bus, departing at Hanover Main Station. Download the bus schedule here.
For more information consult www.regiobus.de or use the GVH-Hotline: +49 (0) 511-590 90 0.
nearest station: Nordstemmen
approx. 3 km walk to Marienburg Castle (on Marienberg Hill)
You can hire a cab by calling Michael Strey via +49 (0) 5069 - 80 60 20.